By using the web site “HVDCSQUARE.COM” (https://www.hvdcsquare.com), you accept all the following terms and conditions in their entirety:
- Website presentation
The website “HVDCSQUARE.COM” is the property of RTE International, a simplified limited company with a sole shareholder with a share capital of €2,000,000, VAT number: FR 22 424 761 419, whose registered office is located at Tour Le Lafayette, 2 place des Vosges 92051 La Défense Cedex, France.
Publishing Director: Nicolas Bréham – firstname.lastname@example.org
Web host: OVH – 2 rue Kellermann, 59100 Roubaix
Data Protection Officer: Henri Maria – email@example.com
- General conditions of use
The “HVDCSQUARE.COM” website is an intellectual work protected by the terms of the French Intellectual Property Code (Code de la Propriété Intellectuelle) and the applicable international regulations. The Internet user using this website (hereafter referred to as “User”) may in no way reuse, transfer or exploit for his own benefit all or any part of the elements or works contained in this website.
This website is normally accessible to Users at any time. However, RTE International may decide to interrupt the service for technical maintenance purposes, and RTE International will endeavour to inform Users in advance.
The “HVDCSQUARE.COM” website is regularly updated by RTE International. The legal notices may be modified at any time: they are nevertheless binding to the User who is invited to refer to them as often as possible in order to become aware of them.
RTE International cannot be held liable for any direct or indirect damage that may result from access to or use of its website, including inaccessibility, loss of data, damage, destruction or viruses that may affect the User’s computer equipment, and/or the presence of viruses on its website.
- Purpose of the site
The purpose of the website is to provide information on some of RTE International’s activities, and more specifically on services related to the creation, operation and maintenance of high-voltage direct current (HVDC) lines. RTE International endeavours to provide as accurate information as possible on the “HVDCSQUARE.COM” website. However, it cannot be held responsible for omissions, inaccuracies and deficiencies included in updates.
All the information displayed on the website “HVDCSQUARE.COM”:
- Are given as guidelines, and are susceptible to change
- Are neither exhaustive nor binding and are subject to changes that have been made since being put online.
- Intellectual property and copyright
All intellectual property rights are owned by RTE International, in addition to all elements accessible on the website, including texts, images, graphics, logos, videos, icons and sounds. Any reproduction, representation, modification, publication, adaptation of all or part of the elements of the site, by any means or process, is prohibited, unless prior written authorisation has been obtained from RTE International. In the context of such authorisation, the applicant shall be required to cite its source and RTE International shall not be held liable for the use made by the latter of the content he/she acknowledges using at his or her own risk.
Any unauthorized use of the site or any of the elements included within will be considered a copyright infringement. Such use will be prosecuted in accordance with the provisions of Articles L. 335-2 et seq. of the French Intellectual Property Code (Code de Propriété Intellectuelle)
- Personal data management
The User is informed of the regulations concerning marketing communications, particularly the law of 21 June 2014 for trust in the Digital Economy, the Data Protection Act of 6 August 2004 and the General Data Protection Regulations n° 2016-679. As the controller of the data it collects, RTE International agrees to respect the framework of the legal provisions in force.
- 5.1 Purpose of data collected
RTE International may use all or part of the data:
– to enable site navigation and to ensure the management and traceability of the services and services requested by the User: connection and site use data, invoicing, order history, etc.
– to prevent and fight against computer fraud (spamming, hacking…): computer equipment used for browsing, IP address, password(s) etc.
– to improve navigation on the site: connection and usage data;
– to conduct communication campaigns (SMS, email): phone number, email address
RTE International does not sell any personal data, which is therefore only used out of necessity or for statistical and analytical purposes.
- 5.2 Right of access, rectification and opposition
In accordance with current European regulations, users of the site have the following rights:
- right of access (Article 15 DGPS) and rectification (Article 16 DGPS), updating, completeness of Users’ data right to block or delete Users’ personal data (Article 17 of the DGPS), when such data is deemed inaccurate, incomplete, ambiguous, out of date, or whose collection, use, disclosure or storage is prohibited
- right to withdraw consent at any time (Article 13(2)(c) DGPS);
- right to limit the processing of Users’ data (Article 18 DGPS);
- right to object to the processing of Users’ data (Article 21 DGPS);
- the right to the transfer of the data provided by Users, where such data is processed automatically on the basis of their consent or a contractual agreement (Article 20 of the DGPS);
- the right to define the treatment of Users’ data after their death and to choose to whom RTE International should communicate (or not) his or her data to a previously designated third party.
If the User wishes to know how his or her personal data is being used, or requests to modify it or objects to its use, he or she may contact RTE International in writing, providing evidence of his or her identity (copy of a valid identity document), to the following address:
RTE International – DPO, Henri Maria
Tour Le Lafayette, 2 place des Vosges
92051 La Défense Cedex
A “cookie” is a small data file sent by the User to the User’s browser and stored on the User’s terminal (e.g. computer, smartphone). Cookies are not likely to damage the User’s terminal in any way.
RTE International is likely to process the User’s information concerning his or her visit to the site, such as pages consulted, and searches made. This information enables RTE International to improve the content of the site and the User’s navigation.
If the User refuses to accept cookies in his or her device or browser, or if the User deletes cookies registered there, the User is informed that his or her browsing and experience on the site may be limited. This could also be the case when RTE International or one of its service providers cannot recognize, for technical compatibility purposes, the type of browser used by the terminal, the language and display settings or the country from which the terminal seems to be connected to the Internet.
If necessary, RTE International refuses all responsibility for the consequences related to the degraded operation of the site.
- Applicable Law and Attribution of Jurisdiction
In this case, the applicable law is French law. For any dispute, exclusive authority is vested in the competent courts within the jurisdiction of the Court of Appeal of Paris (France).
Most of the online content included on the “HVDCSQUARE.COM” website is available in French, English and Spanish. In the event of a dispute, only the French language will be legally valid and binding.